Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MULTIMEDIA: Growing Older Project - Jay Johnson


My most recent story in Jim Merithew's photo story class at San Francisco State allowed me to pursue various self-generated stories about growing older. Initially, I started a story about a woman named Dolores Maso, who suffers from the progressive form of Multiple Sclerosis. While learning about her trials & tribulations over the last 30 years with the disease, her schedule didn't allow me the proper access to cover the story in a short period of time. I will definitely keep in touch with her and her husband of 50 years, as they were two of the sweetest people I have met.


So, I moved on.

After visiting the Club Deluxe in San Francisco's Haight District, I learned that Jay Johnson was not only a business owner but also a singer on Sunday evenings at his club. The following multimedia presentation is a look at his life, his best friend & some of his thoughts about growing older.

I hope you enjoy! As always, comments and criticisms are welcomed.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Curly

    Didn't know you had a blog! You should write more - you are good at it! And mo' pictures of course.

    Man, I'm about to leave SF. Next Monday I'm off to Texas. Gonna live in a car. Hmm... sounds familar

    ReplyDelete