Friday, September 26, 2008

Why I love being a photojournalist...

While I was out shooting during my last full day on the streets of St. James, MO yesterday, I received an e-mail from someone who had seen some coverage Jessica Pons and I did of a high school peace rally in San Francisco.

----------------------------------
Sender: mercedes
Phone: --not supplied--
Email: xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
----------------------------------
This user's message:

Aloha Matt! I am the fiance of Dein Burns whom is the brother of Joshua Cameron and Jaylani Roberts. We flew from Hawaii to attend Joshua's funeral and we were all there at the steps of City Hall. I want to thank you for giving Joshua's murder this much coverage so that his killer may be found. Thank you.



It is e-mails like this that remind me why I want to spend my life's work in taking pictures and telling stories.

Thanks Mrs. Burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment